Android Tips : Use Your Old Number for Whatsapp while using Your Current (Different) Number for Others (Call/SMS/Data)
Posted August 3, 2012on:
You want to use old number for whatsapp but now you changing your number? Yes you can🙂
So, this is the requirement.- 2 mobile phones (1 installed whatsapp app, the other is up to you, as long the other phone able to receive sms and/or call)
– 1 active new number you are going to use for call/sms/data
– 1 active old number that you still wanna use in whatsapp (because maybe a lot of people has knew this number, or because the number are going to be used in another phone, etc)
How to do it ? Let’s assume your old number is +62234567890 and the new number is +62098765432, and lets call the Phone with whatsapp is Phone#1 and other Phone called Phone#2. So, lets do this :
1. Insert the new number (eq +62098765432) to Phone#1, Turn it on, make sure the internet is active.
2. Insert the old number (eq. +62234567890 ) to Phone#2. Turn it on, make sure it can get sms & call
3. Open Whatsapp app, insert old number in textfields.
4. There’s a timer in your whatsapp to check whether it is failed or not, just let it open (dont do anything).
5. Your Phone#2 will get a SMS similar like this : "901 WhatApp internal use – safe to discard" (the number may different)
6. Wait until the timer on Phone#1 is finished, there will be some failed notification/pop-up and maybe it will confirm you to retry the sms (or automatically do sms).mainActivity If you’re being asked to retry sms, just do it.
7. Wait until Phone#2 get a SMS similar like this : "WhatsaApp code 365" (the number may different)
8. Insert 365 (from the last sms on Phone#2) to Phone#1.
You should able to connect to WhatsApp which registered with your old number on Phone#1
But if you did not get any SMS, or failed, you continue to step 9.
9. Wait until there is a button "Call Me"
10. Press Call Me button, then wait Phone#2 get a phone call from WhatsApp
11. Hear the 3 digits code, insert it to textfields.
You’re done now🙂
Please comment if you find this article helpful or interesting. Thank you🙂